Format: Recorded Webinar
CE Credits Available Until: August 25, 2021
Nurse practitioners, nurses, and pharmacists involved in the care of patients with hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HCT).
This webinar will provide a basic overview of types of hematopoietic cell transplantation used in the treatment of blood cancers, including autologous, allogeneic, and reduced-intensity allogeneic stem-cell transplantation as a treatment option for blood cancers and describe strategies to manage treatment side effects as well as potential long-term and late effects of hematopoietic cell transplantation. Resources for patients, caregivers and healthcare providers will be discussed.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe the types of hematopoietic cell transplantation used in the treatment of blood cancers, including autologous, allogeneic, and reduced-intensity allogeneic stem-cell transplantation
- Identify the methods of stem-cell collection used in patients with blood cancers
- Explain the overarching goals of hematopoietic cell transplantation for all types of blood cancers
- Explain hematopoietic cell transplantation as a treatment option for blood cancers
- Describe strategies to manage treatment side effects as well as potential long-term and late effects of hematopoietic cell transplantation
- Describe the roles of the pharmacist, the nurse and nurse practitioner in treating patients with HCT
Ran Reshef, MD, MSc
Rachel Abramova, PharmD
Corinne Shamehdi, MPAS, PA-C
Krista McCarthy, LCSW
Alison Hoffman, LMSW
This activity is approved for 1.75 contact hour(s) of continuing education (which includes 1.0 hours of pharmacology) by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Activity ID 20084428. This activity was planned in accordance with AANP Accreditation Standards and Policies.
Registered Nursing Designation
Approval for nurses has been obtained by the National Office of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society under Provider Number CEP 5832 to award 1.75 continuing education contact hours through the California Board of Registered Nursing.
The Medical Learning Institute, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
The Medical Learning Institute, Inc. (MLI) designates this continuing education activity for 1.75 contact hour(s) (0.175 CEUs) of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
Universal Activity Number: 0468-9999-20-020-H01-P
Type of Activity: Knowledge
Participants must attend the free webinar in its entirety and submit the online evaluation form to earn credit. Once submitted, the certificate will be automatically generated as a PDF online.
This program is provided by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Participants gain access to the webinar via the registration button above. To view system requirements for this program, please click here.
For questions, concerns, or for assistance for people with disabilities or grievances, please contact us at profeducation@LLS.org.